Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation
Increases in temperature, variable rainfall, rise in sea level and flooding, drought and desertification are major impacts of climate change all around the world. The recent flooding around the world (Pakistan, Nigeria and some part of North America) claimed many lives and destroyed farm lands, with attendant treat to food security.
Emakemtos is well positioned to offer services, community outreach and education in the areas of adaptations and mitigations, such as drought-resistant crops, vertical farming and hydroponics.
Get in touch with us for more detail.
Net Zero Strategies
- Various organizations and countries have set their net-zero targets. Nigeria has a target of Net Zero 2060.
- To meet these net zero targets, countries and organization face challenges of energy trilemma.
- Emakemtos is positioned to help organizations and countries, especially Nigeria, to meet this target through:
- strategic energy mix, and
- innovative implementation of various emission reduction peculiar to the country.
- Contact us for further discussion.
Oil And Gas
- We provide services in the upstream, midstream and downstream sectors of the oil and gas.
- We have expertise in projects requiring integration of geological, geophysical, reservoir and production engineering knowledge.
- Tell us the problem and we shall work with you to develop the solution.
- For your exploration, appraisal, development and production needs, please contact us.
Clean Coal Utilization
- We have expertise to develop clean coal solution in Nigeria.
- Nigerian coal reserves can be utilized to generate up to 2,000 MW of electricity, and the CO2 captured can be used for enhanced oil recovery in the onshore Niger-Delta oilfields where decades of water-flooding can no longer sustain commercial production.
- We have the technical-know-how and experience to achieve this.
- We can help develop policies and business model that will be acceptable to various stakeholders (government agencies/ministries, landowners, oil companies, investors etc.)
- EMAKEMTOS recently entered into a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with a United States energy technology partner - SET.
- With this MoU, EMAKEMTOS and SET have jointly developed a fit-for-purpose business model for sustainable waste-to-energy conversion in Nigeria, using the newly patented Sandwich Gasifier technology.
- The business model is specifically developed for Lagos using the weighted composition of Lagos Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) obtained from the Lagos Waste Management Authority.
- Our goal is to turn over 13,000 tons per day of MSW in Lagos to a cumulative 250 Megawatt-hour of affordable electricity for Lagos consumption, through distributed off-grid systems. The plan is ongoing.
- The model can be modified for other states in Nigeria.
- Nigeria has potentials to generate up to 10,000 MW of electricity utilizing both onshore and offshore wind resources.
- Emakemtos has been working with various technology providers to develop a fit-for-purpose application for Nigerian environment. There is an ongoing discussion on the need for feasibility surveys of wind capacity in Nigeria (onshore and offshore), to determine locations of optimum wind resources where wind farms and turbines can be sited to generate affordable electricity.
- EMAKEMTOS has contacts with the world leaders in Solar Energy Technologies providers, and we can help develop necessary policies and business model to harness the huge Photovoltaic and Thermal energy potential in Nigeria.
- EMAKEMTOS understands that there are potentials to develop dry steam, flash steam, and binary cycle systems to utilize various geothermal resources in Nigeria using off-grid evacuation. We can leverage our international knowledge of the technology providers to develop this clean energy resources.
- As at 2016, the Geothermal Energy Association in the USA said there are about 3,567 MW of geothermal power plants in operation in the United States, which is the largest amount of any country. Another 1,270 MW capacity geothermal plant projects are in development.
- We at Emakemtos can utilize our technical know-how and oversees contacts to help Nigeria harness her various warm springs to generate electricity at affordable price. Mini-grid system will be necessary to achieve this.